Health Office Contact Information:
Fax Number: 490.3402
Health Tech - Carolyn Giffey: 490.3295
Please inform your school’s health care staff if your child has special health concerns, medications or dietary needs. For information on commonly asked questions regarding student health, please click the links below:
Medication Policy – ALL medications (prescription, over-the-counter, long-term or short-term, or asthma inhaler) require a PSD Authorization and Release to Administer Medication Form signed by both the prescribing practitioner and the parent/guardian. This includes Tylenol, cough drops, etc. The form must be signed by both the parent and prescribing practitioner each year. Medication administration forms are available in the health office and on PSD’s Health Services webpage (click HERE). All medications must be in the original bottle/container/package, whether prescription or over-the-counter. No medications will be accepted in envelopes, plastic bags, etc. All medications will be kept in a locked cabinet in the health office. Students may go down to the health office when medication is needed. Students may carry asthma inhalers and Epi-Pens once a PSD Carry and Self-Administer Prescribed Medicine–Asthma-Allergy Form is completed and on file at the school.
PSD Student Health and Wellness Centers
PSD students have access to comprehensive pediatric and adolescent medical and mental health services at two locations in PSD schools. Everyday Child Pediatrics, a nonprofit healthcare provider, offers students services ranging from health needs assessments, well-child exams and sports physicals, to care for chronic and acute medical and mental health issues.
The two centers will see any student enrolled for care. Enrollment forms and information are available on the Health and Wellness Center website, by calling 970-488-4950, or emailing email@example.com.
|Health and Wellness Center at Lincoln
Lincoln Middle School
1600 Lancer Drive
Fort Collins, CO 80521
|Health and Wellness Center at Centennial
Centennial High School
330 E. Laurel Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524
- Prevention services, such as annual well-child exams and sports physicals
- Treatment of acute medical issues, such as colds, flu, acute illness and infections
- Management of chronic health conditions, such as asthma and diabetes
- Validated health needs assessments including screenings for depression and anxiety
- Counseling for mental health issues, skill development and resiliency building
- Health and wellness planning for adolescents
- Reproductive health care
- Prescriptions and in-house lab tests
- Health education and awareness campaigns
- Referrals to other medical and mental health professionals
- Vaccines/ immunizations (in collaboration with the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment)
- Dental screenings and services (in collaboration with community providers)
- Assistance with Medicaid/CHP+ enrollment (Centers are a Certified Application and Assistance Site or CAAS provider)
Please call 970-488-4950 to make an appointment. Walk-ins can rarely be accommodated, so please schedule an appointment.
Costs based on ability to pay
The Health and Wellness Centers accept most private and public insurances, including Medicaid and CHP+. The centers offers fee-for-service and a sliding-fee-scale based on federal poverty guidelines. No student enrolled is ever turned away for inability to pay for services provided by a school-based health center.